There is no question technology can increase sales productivity. However for any sales CRM including other productivity tools to work requires:
- An open attitude by the sales team
- A sales culture that supports sustainable business growth
- A realization that technology is only a tool because:
People buy from people!
Buying a sales CRM will not magically increase:
- Repeat business
- Smoothness of operations
And will NOT reduce STRESS!
Yet there is a persistent belief probably fostered by some excellent marketing that technology is the magic pill to cure your sales ills.
With worker productivity falling sharply in the last quarter of 2015 at the fastest pace in over a year (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics) supported by Gallup’s Engagement Poll of only one in three workers being actively engaged, SMBs are losing thousands of dollars every day. Then add in the ineffective recruiting, hiring, onboarding and sales training, SMBs are bleeding additional profit dollars.
How do you feel about all those loss profit dollars?
The better question to consider is will a sales CRM consistently solve these problems?
- Lack of personal accountability
- Personality conflicts and/or power struggles
- Time management problems
- Unacceptable results
- Difficult keeping motivated
- Limited focus and directions
- Cover your behind mentality
- Communication problems
- Can’t do attitudes
- Misalignment/lack of coordinated efforts (Do as I say, not as I do)
- Reactive rather than proactive thinking
- Unproductive sales teams or teamwork
- Duplication of effort (chasing one’s tail)
- Inconsistency of quality work (erratic sales statistics)
- Excessive and unproductive meetings
- Disconnect between sales training or other solutions and results
Even though today’s sales CRM software is much improved from yesterday, it still was never designed to align, develop and nurture a forward thinking sales culture. No that solution is not found in any sales CRM.
Want to increase sales, CLICK HERE to reserve your 30 minute conversation and with one question to learn how truly aligned your sales culture really is before investing in any new technology.
* * * * *
Leanne Hoagland-Smith is THE People and Process Problem Solver for leaders who desire a Forward Thinking Sales Culture. She supports executive leadership in bridging the sales culture gap of people and processes that restricts SMB sales results. If you want to increase sales, then call Leanne at central time USA to solve your disengaged employees and ultimately your disengaged sales culture. Follow her on Twitter or check out her profile on LinkedIn.