How to Use Your Business Data Better in 2016 – Part 2

Ignoring business data especially when it provides additional clarity as to your marketing results and more importantly what changes are required is foolhardy.  For solo entrepreneurs to SMB owners, marketing data is critical to further the attraction factor and building relationships.

business-dataIn yesterday’s posting, I shared the top downloads during the first quarter of 2015 from my website analytics. This business data revealed the majority of downloads approximately 90% were articles from my website and the remaining 10% from this blog. Today, I am sharing the top viewed blog postings in January of 2015.

By examining these postings provides further clarification as to what topics generate more interest.  Since I am engaged in education based marketing with a more journalistic approach, I can further niche myself in key areas while not forgetting what readers of this blog enjoy.

  1. The Endless Small Business Steam of Got No Excuses
  2. Are You Facing This Sales Barrier of ‘Everyone is a Coach’?
  3. The Greatest Gift of All to Give
  4. Is Your Action Plan to Increase Sales an Incomplete Puzzle?
  5. The Many ABCs of Marketing
  6. Why Aren’t You Where You Want to Be?
  7. The You Go First Leadership Challenge
  8. How to Unlock Your Real Estate Marketing Message
  9. Are you the Hare or the Tortoise in Your Marketing Approach?
  10. Are You Where You Want to Be?

Business data marketing analysis is extremely important for the solo entrepreneur. By investing 30 minutes each month, data can be transferred to excel spreadsheets. This allows for a quick comparison as to what is creating attraction.

Additional information learned can be the most popular times respective to posting blogs to the days of the week with the highest views.  In January 2015, Monday and Wednesday received the most traffic while the hours of 6 am and 7am secured the most traffic. Sunday was the quietest day for traffic along with 2am in the morning.

As you take your business forward, remember to invest time each month to review your business data beyond the monthly financial profit and loss statement.  Track and record your marketing results along with your sales leads and sales conversions.  All of this business data will support you in your efforts to increase sales.

P.S. Finally reviewing your business data will also reveal to you the impact of the long tail.  You just may be surprised how long your tail really is.



* * * * *

Leanne Hoagland-Smith is THE People and Process Problem Solver. She supports forward thinking leaders in bridging the gaps between the two problems restricting strategic business growth – people and processes. Leanne can be reached at 219.508.2859 central time USA.  Follow her on Twitter or check out her profile on LinkedIn.

Share on Facebook

Comments are closed.

RSS Subscribe!
Coaching Tip

People buy results or rather people buy the feelings the results deliver.

What’s Happening?

Internal Results interviews
Leanne Hoagland-Smith
. Some of her answers may surprise you.

Check out this podcast on value creation between David Brock and Leanne Hoagland-Smith

Listen to Leanne Hoagland-Smith at Sales Scenario podcasts

Another list of top sales bloggers

Pre-order this great book How to Get a Meeting with Anyone. You may recognize a familiar name.

Top 100 Most Innovative Sales Bloggers Honored this blog is included in this impressive list.

Best Sales Blogger Award for 2014 Third place awarded to Leanne Hoagland-Smith.

NWI SBDC awarded Small Business Journalist of 2014 to Leanne Hoagland-Smith. Awards.

Expand Your Business Horizons
Sign up to receive monthly newsletter devoted to small businesses and busy sales professionals Beyond the Black
Be the Red Jacket
Seeking an easy and practical book on marketing, selling and sales? Read the reviews at Amazon and then order your hard copy or eBook.
Sustainability Expert
The Institute for Sustainability
Ezine Expert
Blogroll – Leadership, OD
Contact Coach Lee

Leanne Hoagland-Smith
219.759.5601 Main Office CDT
219.508.2859 Mobile CDT

Office located near Chicago, IL Main Website

Sales Corner

Tracking by The Sales Corner
Blog Rankings
Business Blogs - Blog Rankings
Blog Top Sites
RSS Search
Blog Log